What is Coaching
A review of what coaching is and the key skills required of a good coach.
• A look at the delegates own experience of having been ‘coached’ in the past
• Examining their feelings and the positive and negative aspects.
A fun activity that allows delegates to practice the skills of a coach and review the learning points.
The Manager as Coach
A look at the role of the manager and how coaching fits into this.
The Coaching Environment
Examining the environment in which positive coaching can take place. One where staff can feel challenged and supported enough to achieve positive results.
A Procedure for Coaching Success
Providing delegates with a set structure to create a results-driven environment in which coaching plays an integral part.
The Coaching Conversation
• Explaining the GROW model and specific questions based around this in order to enable delegates to carry out effective coaching conversations
• There is also a chance to put the skills into practice.
Looking at different questioning methods, the advantages of each and asking delegates to provide examples.
• Encouraging the delegates to help the coach explore issues by encouraging rather than telling
• A chance to practice their questioning in a safe environment.
Understanding what active listening is and how to ensuring they use it.
Identifying what coaching opportunities there are in the workplace and then applying the skills from the course to a coaching practice session.
Review of Session
Creating an action plan to embed learning.
Price per delegate
Indicia Training, Glasgow:
Please complete the contact form below or call 0141 221 5676 for further course information and available dates.
Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com